Friday, July 31, 2009

Studio On Fire :: What you missed...

Yesterday, Lindsey and I went to Minneapolis for a Studio On Fire workshop. If you've ever sat by me in class you know just how obsessed I am about letterpress printing and Studio on Fire is the cream of the crop. This event sold out in 2 hours which is just to prove that you should never hesitate to sign up for an event!


We met tons of great students and professionals there.
Below is Lisa Valley's post about the Studio on Fire workshop:


Imagine how thrilled I was to go on a letterpress tour last night! Not only do I love the impression of design into a soft cotton sheet but I love watching machines make magic! Plus, I got to run not one, but TWO presses! (Okay, so I simply ran a single sheet of coasters through two presses in a highly supervised environment.) It was fun and hands on.


Letterpress printed materials make you want to reach out, touch and run your fingers over the indented surface. It doesn’t get much better than this, folks!


l1010947
::photo courtesy of Lisa Valley::


Studio On Fire began with Benjamin Levitz printing in his basement. After spending 40 hours a week at a design job and an additional 40 hours a week at Studio On Fire, he realized it was time to go all-in to the letterpress world. Studio On Fire is ten years going strong.

Studio on Fire is more than just an awesome printer. They also offer full design services. And they have their own line of cards! Check out Studio On Fire’s website and blog.




more photos of the event on flickr


No comments:

Post a Comment